Spongy Chocolate Cake Recipe
I am not a big fan of cakes but my family is literally obsessed! Whenever I bake for them, the cake can hardly survive a day. My go to recipe is this orange cake that I have perfected over the years but there are times when I want to get the job done quickly in the least time possible. This is when I go for the good old cake mix. My go-to is the Proctor & Allan EasyBake Chocolate cake mix that I’ll share with you today.
The recipe is really easy and straight to the point. You can get the cake mix from most supermarkets and it is kind on your pockets. The cake is spongy, soft and light as air. For this recipe I used the 500g box and below are the directions.
- 500g Proctor & Allan chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 150gvegetable oil
- 100ml milk
I also like to add one teaspoonful of instant coffee. It makes the cake darker and brings that beautiful aroma that I have come to love so much.
How to Bake
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees. Grease a cake tin or sufuria of 18cm diameter
- Empty the cake mix into the mixing bowl, add all the other ingredients and beat the contents thoroughly into a smooth, thick and creamy batter.
- Put the batter into the cake tin and place it in the pre-heated oven and bake at 180 degrees for60 minutes until the cake is firm to the touch.
- Allow the cake to cool then apply your choice of icing or decoration, if desired.