The Liebster award is the first nomination that this blog is getting thanks to one amazing mommyscupofcoffee. This is a prestigious award presented to new blogs with less than 200 followers; a chance to recognize and appreciate new talent. I am therefore greatly honored and would like to take this opportunity to thank my mum and all who believed in me.;-) lol. But seriously, this is just a fun way of getting to know each other.
And here’s how it works…
I’ll now dive right into the questions:
1. If you were stranded on a deserted Island and could only bring 3 items with you (excluding cell phone — no service), what items would you take?
If I can’t take my hubby and child, I would take a lighter, knife and a toothbrush.
2. What are you most grateful for?
My daughter. She’s smart, beautiful, and has the most beautiful hair I’ve ever seen. And trust me, I’ve see Tracee Ellis Ross’s. She’s my everything.
3. What advice would you give to a new blogger?
There’s no standard way of doing it. Just find your voice, network with other bloggers and just enjoy yourself.
4. Why did you get into blogging?
I first started blogging in college because I needed to rant. My friend had a blog and she introduced me to the basics. I’ve grown a lot since. I’m yet to introduce my former fans to my new blog, though, because I feel like I’ve changed a lot in the last few years and so has my blogging style.
5. What is your favorite recipe?
I love Mukimo and chicken stew.
6. What one celebrity would you like to meet?
President Barack Obama.
7. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
Anywhere away from chores is good enough for me. I’ve learnt to appreciate even a five minute bathroom break.
8. Where do you find most of your inspiration for your blog?
It’s hard to be specific on this one since I manage blogs in different niches.
9. Apple or Android?
10. What topic interests you most in other blogs?
Though I’m not that choosy, I find myself drawn to posts with food or fitness information.
11. What is your favorite cold beverage?
Fresh fruit juice. I especially like pineapple and passion juice.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I live in Nairobi, Kenya
- I am the first born in a family of three kids
- I am a Software Engineer
- I am 8 months older than my husband
- I have a 21/2 year old daughter
- I am terrified of heights
- I would rather stay in than go out
- I learnt how to swim and ride a bike at 24 years (Long story)
- I could live on fruits and greens
- I don’t like sausages
- I am a small-time farmer
The Blogs I am Nominating for the Liebster Award
My Questions for the Lovely Bloggers
- How did you come up with your blog’s name?
- If you had a choice to have a superpower, what would it be and why?
- What three words describe you best?
- What is your least favorite color?
- Dogs or cats?
- How do you deal with writers’ block?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- What was your best show as a kid?
- Are you a morning or evening person?
- What do you love the most about your city?
- Which one of your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
You can also follow us on social media by liking our Facebook page and following us on Twitter.
Until we see each other again,