How to Make Plum Jam
Image is courtesy of pixabay.com
- 4 glasses of plums
- 2 glasses of sugar
- Half a glass of lemon juice
- I normally start by washing the fruits as I remove the twigs and leaves
- I then cover them with water and bring to heat.
- I boil the plums for 10 minutes
- Remove from the boil and rinse in cold water
- I then leave them to cool in cold water adding ice cubes to quicken the process
- This will make it easy for the skin to be peeled off which I do and then remove the stones
- I put the fleshy remains in a pan and simmer over low heat while stirring constantly.
- When the fruits become a thick consistency, I add the sugar and continue stirring.
- The final step is to add the lemon. It acts as a preservative and it helps the fruit to not turn black
- What remains is cooling after which I transfer the jam into a clean dry jar
- I usually keep the jam in the fridge to prevent it from going bad, but we consume it pretty fast. Or should I say my husband does? 🙂
Please come visit again. The easiest way to do this is to subscribe to this blog. Leave your email address in the dialogue box at the right sidebar and you will receive new posts in your inbox as soon as they are published.
You can also follow us on social media by liking our Facebook page and following us on Twitter.
Until we see each other again,