13 Ways of Conserving Water and Reducing your Water Bill
About half the population in Kenya do not have access to clean quality water. When we talk about water coverage, we consider accessibility, quality, affordability and in sufficient quantities. Did you know that for every glass of water a Kenyan has, a Ugandan has 6? Water is one of those precious and rare resources that few stop to think about.
- Don’t leave the water running while you brush your teeth
- Do your laundry two times a week instead of everyday
- Recycle your laundry water; use it in the toilet or to clean the pavements
- Check your faucets, toilet and pipes for leaks
- Do not rinse your dishes under running water; fill the sink with water or use a water spray
- Rinse the vegetable in a filled sink instead of under running water
- Look for a shower head that is water-saving
- Collect and store rainwater
- Take a shower instead of a bath
- Reduce the time you spend in the shower
- Use a float booster in your toilet
- Use a hose and not a broom to clean your paved compound
- Do not use the toilet as a garbage basket
Please come visit again. The easiest way to do this is to subscribe to this blog. Leave your email address in the dialogue box at the right sidebar and you will receive new posts in your inbox as soon as they are published.
You can also follow us on social media by liking our Facebook page and following us on Twitter.
Until we see each other again,